Full Stack Engineer
Australia - remote
Play an invaluable role in mental health and do work with meaning!
Pioneera is an award-winning Australian-based startup on a mission to use the best of science, technology and innovation to detect, measure and impact chronic stress and positive productivity in workplaces.
Working towards a world where burnout is a thing of the past is what gets us out of bed every morning!
Why work with us?
Pioneera has been recognised as a Fast Company World Changing Idea, Winner of the Uni of Sydney Genesis program and Winner of the MongoDB Savvy Startup Innovation Award. Plus we’ve been awarded the 2022 Boosting Female Founders Grant!
We’re fully remote, collaborative, inclusive, supportive and passionate about changing the world. Whilst we work hard, we also like to laugh. A lot! Our people are our super-power and we invest in every person to help build individual and team capability.
You are a highly capable full stack engineer with experience across node.js and react.js development and growth of frontend and backend systems, data storage & retrieval, and cloud-hosted “serverless” applications. You will have extensive experience with serverless NodeJS applications hosted in Google Cloud, along with the use of docker for local build and functional testing (such as in a GitHub Codespace), and in building software in a Continuous Delivery/Continuous Deployment process. Experience with Google Cloud and Docker is highly desirable but not mandatory. Any experience writing and maintaining DevOps scripts – for example, GitHub workflows and Google Cloud deployment – is desired too.
Having a demonstrable understanding of DevSecOps and how that ensures risk management of platform, application and data security is critical to the role.
You will be part of the core development team and this role will grow with us, potentially leading a team of engineers in the future and working closely with our Product and Customer Experience teams. You will have the opportunity to be innovative and creative and shape the company's direction with your ideas.
What we’re working on has never been done before, so this is your chance to be part of a groundbreaking journey that will impact people's lives positively!
- Mastery - learn quickly and a develop deep understanding of everything required to thrive in this role e.g. existing codebase and product, customers and corporate policy and process;
- Proactivity – manage risk, seek solutions to problems, even before they arise, identify issues ahead of them occurring;
- Work with our Head of Product and team of engineers to define the product roadmap, delivery responsibility and sprint schedules, and then deliver as agreed;
- Outcome-focused - architect solutions and take on feedback to deliver outcomes in the desired cost & timeframe and of sufficient quality;
- Build and Maintain - develop, document and test your solution such that anyone can maintain it thereafter;
- Work within the development team to test your & your peers’ code in a shared development environment, provide suggestions to improve reliability and code quality;
- Safety & Security first - work with the security and compliance team to ensure existing and new systems do not jeopardise customer and platform security, and to ensure people are kept safe in all circumstances;
- Grow knowledge and skills in existing team: in other words, you enjoy being a mentor and also learning from others. We are very big on knowledge sharing!
Skills and Qualifications
- Great team player and communicator - your references would say this about you!
- Functional knowledge of GraphQL;
- Deep understanding of MongoDB, queries and optimisation (preferably using mongoose);
- Understanding and experience with GitHub, Yarn (or NPM) package management;
- General interest in language and mental health and what it reveals about us.
- Understanding and experience with Google Cloud projects and functions is highly desirable;
- Prior use of Apollo GraphQL;
- Writing GitHub workflow and Google Cloud deployment;
- Experience with Slack API, Microsoft GraphQL and Google Workspace API;
- O365 and Google Workspace App development;
- Data pattern detection and analysis;
- ML/AI technology use;
- Intelligent Agent/Chat Bot experience.
- Creativity: bring your creativity as this role has scope for you to design and implement;
- Innovation: we live and breathe innovation and welcome new ways of thinking;
- Fully remote position;
- Flexible time schedule;
- Annual education budget, because access to education is important to us!;
- Learning & knowledge sharing: we are a small team so you will learn new things every day and we love to share knowledge amongst ourselves;
- Career growth: opportunity to accelerate your career and become a leader in the company;
- Mentoring: we have a large network and are keen to link our employees up with mentors;
- Amazing team culture: we are all passionate about mental health and we walk the talk!;
- Salary: a competitive package that offers superannuation and potential for share options;
- Laughs are for free!